Sunday, March 28, 2010

Force Feeding Leftovers and Menu Planning Update

This is what you get when you cook almost every night of the week.......LEFTOVERS!!!
I happen to love them, the family not so much. Trying to figure out how NOT to waste so much, this kills me. I hate wasting food!

About two weeks ago I sat down on a Sunday night and planned a solid week's worth of meals. Did the grocery shopping on Monday and was happy to be organized for the week. The best part was....
I stretched  that one week of meals into almost two weeks of eating. Of course we had a pizza night (or 2), and a spaghetti night and between all the leftovers I haven't had to meal plan in almost two weeks. But it's Sunday again and I need to plan for this week or we will not be eating!! Must get motivated.......

Too many other projects going on in the house today. A very exciting closet organizing system is being installed in my son's room as I type, but the husband must work faster ( I need this done today)!! Little man's bed is piled high with everything that was in his closet and bed time is in 3 hours!
Must go crack the whip, hope to show a before and after photo tomorrow!
(oh no, I have just been advised that he needs to run to Lowe's, this may take a bit longer)

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the closet organizer. We have been working on shelving for the garage and cleaning out the playroom so there have been many Lowe's trips! You go girl for planning all those meals. One way I have tried to eliminate the amount of leftovers it so have a leftover night every third or fourth night. Then we all kind of scavenge for what we want and then to the garbage it goes. I also eat leftovers some for lunch. I planned out three weeks and shopped with some coupons this week! I only had $13 dollars in coupons, but $37 in store specials like Buy One Get One Free. I figured that is a start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We call left over night..."week in review" and serve it buffet style on the island. Kids find it more fun that way...go figure!
    A closet organizer sounds great! Go Dave Go!!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one likes leftovers here either, except DAve, who eats them for lunch all week long. I plan my meals each Sunday too, make the list, and grocery shop for everything on Mondays, but I still seem to make 3 or 4 more forays to Weis or Wal-mart for milk or bread or whatever and leave spending $20! Why?!
    Hope the closet is working for M.!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails