Sunday, March 14, 2010

Desperately Seeking Meal Planning Inspiration!!

HELP!!!!!

This is my plan for the evening, sit here with these books to come up with a solid 2 weeks of meals and the shopping list of items needed to complete the meals. I love cookbooks, I mean really LOVE them! My collection is large and sometimes I like to sit and read them like you would a novel. Strange, I know. But still, after all the beautiful pictures and yummy recipes.............I'm feeling uninspired. 
My kids pack lunch everyday, so between planning for breakfast, lunch and dinner, I've got meal planning burnout!!!

I enjoy cooking but this planning part is really not my thing. However, I need to break the cycle I've been in for the last few months.  I've been going to the grocery store multiple times per week and not really having any idea what we are having for dinner until I get to the store. This method is a huge waste of my precious alone time!!! I need to change!

Help me get inspired. What is your method for planning meals? Do you cook the same meals every week or do you mix it up? Anxiously awaiting some new ideas from you my friends on this tiresome task!!!

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could help you. I try to plan as I go...well that is not planning now is it? I seem to make the same stuff over and over. However, when my hubby is home he cooks on the weekends, or we go out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I got nothing. I cook the same things every week. And being on a perpetual "diet," I tweak things until they no longer taste good. I do like that Palmrya Cookbook, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a meal planning guru! I always try to plan out meals for at least two weeks and I used to do it by the month, but found that I wasted a lot of things. I use one cookbook per planning session. I pick several of my standard meals (spaghetti, tacos, etc..) and then I try to incorporate a few new meals in there too, but I found that it is easier if I just go from one cookbook! I also make my grocery list according to sections in the store so I don't have to go back and forth. Publix has it broken down on a list that you can grab from their desk. Publix also has wonderful recipes on their website! Allrecipes is a great website that I use a lot also!

    One thing I have started doing is keeping a list of our "favorite" recipes and what book they are in. I found that we might have really liked something one time then I go back to find it and can't remember where it was, so I'm keeping a "favorite" list! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, did I write this post in my sleep? LOL you sound just like I did a few weeks ago. I haven't yet figured out this whole menu planning thing, between looking after the house, the kids and myself, I just can't seem to find the time to menu plan. How did it go for you? did you get your menu planning figured out? I do however make Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes on a regular basis - they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails