Big decisions + $$$$+ ME= Crazy Woman!!
We've been to this "Home Show" many times and always it was just to dream. This year we have the opportunity to make a dream come true and I'm paralyzed! No, we didn't will the lottery. Let me fill you in.....
My husband is a career Army man and recently returned from his 2nd deployment to Iraq. The first tour was 14 months. The most recent tour was 12 months. It was hard, but we survived. The one great thing that comes from a deployment is extra money. Being the thrifty girl that I am, I really tried to be smart about the finances this time around. Because I certainly did my fair share of "retail therapy" the first deployment. I was depressed so I shopped ALOT and told myself that I deserved it all. It was fun, but probably not the best decision making that I've ever done!
So here's our wish list.......
1. L-shaped saltwater pool -Love to swim, had one as a child and would like my kids to have that experience. Who has one and what can you tell me? I want to hear it all, pros and cons!!
2. Screened-in Porch ( Cute little Amish guy at our house yesterday giving us an estimate)
The husband doesn't think this is in our budget. We had one in our last house and I absolutely loved it. We had so many meals on that porch!!!
3. Pergola type structure with a fireplace or fire pit - I'm really dreaming here, but how amazing would this be to sit by the fireplace at night!! I think my husband could probably built a pergola but.......I'd like it before the kids move out!
Wish this was my backyard. I'm really fixed on this shape pool. Lots of room for playing and swimming laps!
We are looking for a simple square room like this, not real big. Really hope this project can make the cut. I can see myself spending a lot of time in this place, in a comfy chair, with a book and a tall glass of iced tea!!!!! Dreams, dreams, dreams.......
Ok here is my opinion! I lived in South Florida, needed a pool, had the salt water, loved it. However, we lived in S. Florida we used it a lot. SO consider where you live and how much use you will get. Also, how old are your kids? You have to have safety measures of course, and then when other kids come over that is a liability, truly things to think about. I love the raised firepit and landscaping idea...I am on you hubbs side for that....we have an outdoor FP and soon we will be using it...we spend a lot of time outdoors and just love to hang out entertain, roast marshmellows....we use it a lot! I can't wait to hear what you come up with:) That is awesome!
ReplyDeleteI want a pool so bad, I could spit! We are just trying to decide what kind we want and of course, save money. We have a table style firepit that uses propane and love it!!! I miss the woodsy smoke smell, but I don't miss the mess and smoke in your face. I want a fire place at the back of the yard, behind my pool of course! We have a screened in porch and love it. We are in mosquito land and it just makes it so nice to have in the summer to enjoy the evenings. Good luck! I can't wait to see what you do!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see what you decide! My wish list includes (all at once, which is what makes is prohibitive): French door stainless fridge, stainless stove, new kitchen table/chairs, family room furniture and rug, new front door. What I got: radon remediation and a sump pump. Sigh.
ReplyDelete