They call him Tucker
I call him something that rhymes with Tucker (wink, wink)
I'm not going to sugar coat this friends, puppies are a pain in the ass. They bite, they cry, they pee and poop on your carpet. I'm not liking this stage so much. I know, everyone says it gets better but tell me WHEN exactly will that be. Thank God he is cute! And my children are soooooo happy, they think I'm the best mom in the whole world....for right now anyway.
Cavalier King Charles by the way, small dog who likes to sit on laps which is fine except when I have to get up and get something done around the house.
He's so small right now that he can't be left out in the fenced-in yard unattended because he fits through the slats. So guess who needs to stand outside in the cold and rain every hour during a school day?
That's right, the best mom in the world!!!
My amazingly talented teenager made this no-sew doggie bed. She took two small pillows and duct taped them together and then hot glued a large piece of fabric around them. Isn't she crafty! So far it remains undestroyed by the pup, only time will tell.
So friends, any advice to help me cope with this canine and all the crazy behavior that comes with a puppy? It would be greatly appreciated!! He's 10 weeks old if that gives you any clue.
He is super cute. That is all I have to say. :-)
ReplyDeleteHe is so stinking cute!!! Puppies are a nightmare. I can't say it any nicer. I always said that having a new baby was easier than a puppy! Lots of chew toys and train him to a crate. I wish we had done that with Murphy. I was a sucker for the sweet face though and couldn't keep her in the crate. I was the idiot who bought the $80 6 foot gate to close off the kitchen so she could stay in the kitchen and have room to roam while we were at work. Boy was I stupid... After she chewed a chair leg up, I was really mad. Then she chewed the corner off one of the cherry kitchen cabinets, and the poop hit the fan. She was promptley moved to the laundry room with a baby gate. We hired trainers to come to the house. I called her the demon dog. The trainers said she was strong willed and spirited. I taught school... I know BS sugar coating when I hear it! I will say this, hang a jingle bell on the door. Murphy finally potty trained at Christmas time when I hung jingle bells on the door. She would walk over and smack the bell with her nose to let us know she wanted out! I swear by it!
ReplyDeleteWith all that said, I love my Murphy so much and can't even begin to imagine our lives without her. She was my best friend when we moved to Germany. Tucker will be a part of the family that you just can't be without. And he is sooooo cute!!!!!
Ha! You are funny! Rhymes with Tucker. Why, that sweet thing??? Love the second picture, gorgeous shot, and tell Emily she's a genius for making that pillow bed! I'd tell you it will get better, but I've never had a dog. But I do know my babies all eventually got big and potty trained and stopped crying at night, so I imagine yours will too. Good luck!
ReplyDelete