Saturday, April 16, 2011

walking tour - part 2 (finally)


Let's finish this walking tour of historic downtown Lancaster, PA that I started like two weeks ago! I had the best intentions to post part 2 the day after part 1 but..........funny how life gets in the way. So here we go, just a few more blocks. The architecture just continues to amaze me!

I have always enjoyed stained glass windows, not sure I would have picked grapes but I'm sure it's lovely on the inside. Wish I knew why and how they picked certain elements to adorn the outside of these old buildings. The creature in the picture below looks like a cross between a dragon and I don't know what. Anyone have a clue?








Such interesting detail! Love the fleur-de-lis design in the bottom picture. That's my favorite symbol!



How amazing is this door! Love the bubble glass at the top, so unique!
Well,  that wraps up this walking tour. It's amazing how much we miss by always driving around in a car. I would never have seen half of these sights if it wasn't for the walking tour. I definitely want to do this more often! Drive to a different town, park the car and just walk. You never know what you might see. Do you have a favorite town to stroll through? Give me some ideas!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tour Stephanie! Hope all is well...bet you are getting ready to enjoy your pool again this year, very soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Hummelstown? There are lots of lovely homes on Main Street and around the Olde Factory. And of course, you should never go past the Olde Factory without going inside; I always find good stuff in there!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails