Chicken pot pie is a favorite meal here in the cul-de-sac . Today I just happened to have all the ingredients on hand (love when that happens)! Making homemade noodles is really very simple. This recipe has been handed down through the generations in our family. The hardest part is carrying all the noodles to the pot! It goes faster if you have a few extra hands! I tend to roll my dough a bit on the thick side, that's just how we like our noodles.
My version looks like this. I made chicken stock earlier in the day, throw in some cut up potatoes, carrots, celery and what ever seasonings you like. Bring it to a rolling boil, add the noodles and continue to boil until noodles are cooked (about 20 minutes or so). Ladle into a bowl and enjoy! A slice of apple butter bread on the side and you've got a stick to your ribs dinner! Love it!!
Here's my mom's handwritten recipe handed to me many, many years ago. Her handwriting has never changed. Now I just need her to write down her coleslaw recipe, it is to die for! Seriously good stuff! My mom has so many dishes that she is famous for, I wish she would start selling them! (Mom, are you reading this?!!)
Oh, yum, looks so carbalicious I could just die. I will be giving this a try!
ReplyDeleteYummy!!! Ok... I think we have a north/south thing. I thought a pot pie was like a baked pie with chicken and veggies in it. This looks more like chicken and dumplings to me! It looks good no matter what it is and I love that you have her recipe in her writing. Cha Cha at Sit, Read, Relax has hand written recipe cards framed and on her walls. So special! Did you get up for the wedding????? :-)
ReplyDelete