One good thing about travel soccer is the chance to visit new places and some old favorites. Saturday, my little man had a game in Gettysburg, which happens to be one of our old favorites. About an hour drive from our home, Gettysburg is a historic and charming little town. So much history in this town and my family loves American history! So many antique stores that I didn't get to visit because all the little guy wanted to do was climb the rocks at Devil's Den.
It was just the 3 of us this weekend. The young lady was in NYC with her Nana having a wonderful time, riding the subway, eating in Little Italy, walking in Central Park and strolling along 5th Ave. Of course I almost had a heart attack when I heard about the car bomb in Times Square. Fortunately, we were texting each other all day so I knew that she was safe! Thank God!! That's a sure way to add a few more gray hairs to my head! So happy to have the four of us back together on Sunday, I never feel quite right when there is someone missing from the nest!
View of the battlefields
Soldiers' National Cemetery where Abraham Lincoln gave the Gettysburg Address
Certainly a great place to reflect on the sacrifices that so many have made for our country!! I'm lucky to live so close to such an incredible piece of American history! If you ever get the chance, come for a visit.
Hi! Just came across your blog and love it! I adore your blog title and picture. Yes, aren't weekend road trips fun? It's always nice to get away every now and then. ((Hugs)) ~Liz
ReplyDelete