Well, it sort of looks like a pool! We've been at this stage for about 2 weeks now due to weather conditions.......... major rainstorms!! As you can see, we do have some lovely brown water in the deep end. The kids are begging to go in that mess! Of course I was the mean mom and said NO WAY. I'm expecting concrete guys tomorrow. I sure hope so, I'm ready to start some planting!
I picked up these Burning Bushes on sale last week at a local nursery. The tag said "brilliant red foliage in the fall", I thought that might look nice against my evergreens at the deep end of the pool. Does anyone have these in their yard? I'm hoping they will grow into a nice little hedge and give us some privacy on that side of the yard.
The kids have not been bothered by the lack of progress. In fact, I think they are just as happy with all the mountains of dirt in the yard!! All the cul-de-sac boys have been using it to play "Army".
At least the husband has a lot less grass to mow right now. And he does not mind that at all!!
We had Burning bushes at a former house and they were beautiful. Breathtaking. They make an awesome privacy hedge too, Maria's right, don't plant too close together.
ReplyDeleteMy kids loved the dirt piles too. I HATED them (dirty clothes, dirty shoes, dirty carpets). Hope that pool gets in there soon. See you on Wed.!