Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's Not Pretty But The Book Club Girls Loved It!

Recipe request from Maria and Beth, two really great writers and readers!! I'm lucky to know them in "real life"!!

Apple Pie Cake aka Dump Cake
Easiest cake in the world!

1 can apple pie filling
1 can crushed pineapple, drained
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick of butter, melted

Dump pie filling and pineapple into a 9x13 pan. Pour cake mix on top, spread evenly. Pour melted butter on top. Bake 350 for  about 45 mins.

I actually like it better with a can of cherry pie filling instead of apple. One of our book club girls suggested using a chocolate cake mix and cherry pie filling. The possibilities are endless!

I hosted our monthly book group last night, here's what we talked about......



Everyone seemed to enjoy the book and it generated some good discussion. It's always fun to spend the evening with articulate, well read ladies and a big glass of wine! Thanks girls!!









2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome way to spend the night Steph! I've made that recipe before with the cherry filling and it's so freakin' awesome! I serve with a side of whipped cream. Yum!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this post! Anyway, the dump cake was delicious, especially with the generous squirt of whipped cream on top. Thanks for hosting a fun and yummy evening!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails