Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Work of Art


Birds are amazing little artists. It is so interesting how they can create this perfect little nest in such a short amount of time. But they certainly are not the smartest creatures are they! Why must they build a nest right at my front door and scare the heck out of me every time I open that door! I'm so afraid they are going to fly in the house.
I was mean and moved their little home. I hope that mother was not about to deliver, then I would feel really bad!

One large toad in the pool already! He made it out safely but yuck. I'm not big on wildlife, sorry. Honestly, I'm scared to death of many animals. ( I was chased with a dead animal skin in 3rd grade by Jeff Dunkleberger or was it Randy Goodison....... anyway it scarred me for life!!!) I especially am not fond of anything resembling a rodent! Sorry Beth!!! ( she really likes her rodents)
Couldn't even touch the dolphins at Sea World, that's how lame I am! You could not pay me to swim with them! Don't you wonder where we get our hang-ups from! Share yours with me so I don't feel like such  a dork! I'll be forever grateful!!

4 comments:

  1. I married a farm boy who has no patience for my squeemish ways. We're working through it after 17 years of marriage. He will now take care of spiders for me.
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya Steph. I had a bad experience on a horse once and to this day I will not attempt to ride one. Had a bird build a nest in my wreath on the front door once. Talk about scaring the heck out of ya! It took me a while to figure out where the nest was - duh! Yeah, bet you're feeling better about yourself right about now.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't use our front door for months once when a bird built a nest there. I even (crazily) put a sign on the door that said not to ring the bell, but come to the back door. Those nests are amazing though. So much work for a little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I dislike all rodents except guinea pigs. Sweet, sweet guinea pigs. Otherwise I am definitely anti-rodent. Last year we had lots of frogs, a few moles, and one rat in the pool. Ew.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails