This is the house where I grew up . My parents have lived here since the 1960's and boy has this place changed! It looked nothing like this when I lived here. There was an in-ground pool in this spot but the pool was getting older and needed lots of work. My sisters and I had moved out, so my parents filled it in rather than pay for all the repairs. Boy are they sorry now! Lots and lots of great memories from this backyard! But I must say, they have done an amazing job transforming this yard into the oasis it is today. Here's a little tour..........
My absolute favorite thing in their yard is this little table and the mushroom seats! The kids sit here all the time.
This is where all the picnics happen, such a nice place to be out of the sun.
My husband enjoying the porch swing!
This huge pin oak tree sits right in the middle of the swimming pool. This tree grew sooooo fast!
My parents are both retired but now have a full time job WEEDING! Their flower beds are huge! So pretty but so much work!
I love this little rock wall that runs in front of the house.
A great climbing tree for the kids!
Spring flowers everywhere!
When my parents built this house in the late 60's, it was all white with no brick. They have totally changed the outside. If I remember correctly, they built the home for way under $20,000. Isn't that crazy! And of course the kitchen was avocado, gold and orange!! Let's hope that style never comes back. What do you love most about your childhood home?
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
I have heard so many great details about your parents yard...it is nice to see pictures! I love the table and mushrooms chairs and I love the covered porch..and the swing...I guess I just love it all! Can see where you get your great eye for style :)
ReplyDeleteWendy
So charming! I love their home.
ReplyDeleteI miss the pictures of the knights in the "formal" living room along with that big,heavy rod iron table! That was some style!!!!
ReplyDelete