Monday, April 12, 2010

The Go-To Meal

I have to be honest, my meal planning isn't going so hot right now. I'm good one week and then I can't seem to pull it together the next week. But the family still needs to eat, right? I enjoy a nice bowl of cereal for dinner every now and again. But the husband is looking for a little more substance I believe!

So here's my tip for today.....
If you have fresh or frozen chicken breasts, throw them in the crock-pot and pour a nice bottle of  BBQ sauce over the chicken and cook on high until you can shred the chicken with a fork. It only takes a few hours. So easy and so tasty!!  I usually serve this with my homemade fries and coleslaw or broccoli.

(I know, I know I have the ugliest dinnerware EVER! I would really like something new, but it's one of those wants and not really a need kind of thing!! Plus we got them for our wedding 20 years ago!!! They are almost antiques!! A few have accidently slipped out of my hands..........so when I get down to 3 plates it will become a NEED thing!! There are 4 of us in the family afterall!

4 comments:

  1. Stephanie that looks so good and I love anything I can throw in my crock pot. I'm probably out of BBQ though. Crap! I'll have to think of a plan b.
    Lookin forward to our get-together next week with Wendy!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my twin...I know it now for sure...this is exactly what is in the crockpot for tonight!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got the Go-To Meal in the crockpot right now! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect recipe for me = easy! As for the dinnerware, admittedly I've NEVER bought a set. I was given a set 15 yrs ago when I moved "out on my own" and like you, they still work so there is no need to replace them. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails