Our cul-de-sac does not usually see a lot of traffic, so it's a great place to play all sorts of games in the street. Recently about 10 kids made a huge and very imaginative chalk drawing. ( I was impressed) They made a city with all kinds of neat things that literally stretched to the middle of our street. You can see a small portion above. They then proceeded to scooter all around their town. They played like this for hours!
And of course after all that hard work, it's good to sit in the middle of the street and eat popsicles!
I made my Wal-Mart run yesterday and have stocked the freezer with new popsicles. They don't last very long around here. The kids travel in packs and you have to hand out at least 5 at a time! Sometimes I find a line at my freezer door in the garage, just waiting for the ok from me. Maybe I should install a vending machine, might be a good way to make some money this summer!!
Now your thinking!!!! I love the kids in the cul-de-sac. We only have 13 homes on ours, but 16 kids with 2 more on the way!! People who are out walking are amazed at all the activity! Isn't it fun?!?
ReplyDeleteI love it! I'm going to show that to my kids, I bet they will enjoy making their own city streets! Mmm, and you've gotta love creamsicles!
ReplyDeleteHey, I would love your opinion on what to do with my new entertainment cabinet! Check out my new post!
ReplyDeleteThe city is great and popsicles are the bomb. Hello spring!
ReplyDelete