Friday, February 5, 2010

Good-bye KRAFT, Hello Homemade





My kids know mac & cheese. I mean, really KNOW it! They have ordered it at every restaurant we have ever been in. I think my son survived on mac and cheese his whole 4th year of life! They have tasted my many versions of the dish from baked to the crockpot to the microwave . But they will never, ever eat that nasty orange from the blue box variety again. All because of this.....



I have found a ridiculously easy and delicious recipe for homemade STOVETOP (as in - you don't even need to bake it) macaroni and cheese! And it takes the same amount of time as that fake kind!



I found this simple little recipe in one of those free newspapers that lands on your driveway every week (love that little paper)! Many, many recipes have been clipped from that paper!






STOVETOP MAC AND CHEESE




1 lb. dried elbow macaroni




4 Tbsp. butter




4 Tbsp. flour




2 cups milk




3/4 tsp. salt




2 cups shredded cheddar cheese




Cook macaroni according to directions on box. Melt butter in a saucepan. Add flour and stir until completely blended. Add milk and salt and stir over medium-low heat until blended and mixture starts to thicken. (this may take a few minutes)




Add cheese and stir well. Drain noodles and stir in cheese sauce. Enjoy!!




Hopefully this will make your kids happy. Mine have been requesting this almost every night.





Now run over and check out all the other great recipes from my many talented friends like




Beth http://www.wolfepack129.blogspot.com/




Wendy http://www.relativelyunique.blogspot.com/




Maria http://www.mangefille.blogspot.com/















3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Stephanie! I can't wait to try this! They all love the blue box stuff, but I hate the thought of what imaginary food stuffs are in that orange powder...Thanks for making it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet for mentioning us! I think you made these for us once and they were awesome. A recipe worth keeping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm....I could do that!~ My boys know their Macs and cheese too, thanks for the recipe!~ I see you are new to blogging....I have been about a month into it!~ I am loving it, come over and see me sometime, I have a little bit of this and a little bit of that for everyone!!~

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails