I am a huge fan of the crock pot! This meal is used frequently in my monthly rotation especially during the fall and winter months because it is made in the crock pot and is super easy with very little prep involved! The only thing you really need to make is the "secret" ingredient that makes this sandwich so tasty.....celery seed dressing. I know, sounds strange but drizzle a bit of this on the hot beef and you will understand!
Here's what you need to make Hot Sweet Beef Sandwich (I just made that name up)
Put a chunk of meat in the crock pot, empty a packet of dry onion soup mix over the meat and add water to mostly cover the meat. Cook on low all day. Shred the beef and place on a hard roll with juices from crock pot and drizzle with celery seed dressing. Eat and enjoy! You can read about my original go-to meal here.
Celery Seed Dressing
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 1/2 tsp. celery seed
1/2 tsp. grated onion
Mix all of the above in a small bowl. Pour mixture into a blender with 1 cup oil and 1/2 cup vinegar. Process on low speed for a few minutes.
Speaking of good things.....
TEABERRY ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!
Absolutely one of the best things on earth, from a local shop that has been making ice cream since the 1950's!!!!! Hands down our favorite flavor!
Makes your lips all nice and shiny and is such a pretty color!
Mitchell is not so little anymore!!! I LOVE crock pot recipes because they are easy and ....I don't cook- I am going to try this one-I have a good one to share with you- it includes a roast,onion soup mix,brown gravy mix,flour and ginger ale....yes ginger ale.. i have to find the exact ingredients and I will share with you!
ReplyDeleteI just printed this out and am ready to try this fancy celery seed dressing. Yum. And, now you've received the award twice so you totally have to do it!! :-)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh that sounds delicious! What kind of hunk of meat, exactly? Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThe hunk of meat should be between the ages of 40-49 at least 6 foot tall with a 6 pack please!! Ha ha, not what you wanted to know is it Beth?
ReplyDeleteI usually get a piece labeled roast, it's a real big thick cut, kind of log shaped. And I trim any fat off that I can.
I found you from a link on jemsmom, I believe. Anyway, wow, went back and read all of your blog! We have been married for 31 years and grew up in Pa. We live in Az. now (17 years) and miss it so much. We just came back from vacation yesterday. I would move back there in a heartbeat except that my one and only grandson lives here! (He's 2 and the apple of my eye) so we fill our need for trees, grass and beautiful stone homes with a yearly visit to Pa. We were at Green Dragon, Kitchen Kettle, all the normal touristy places but our favorite thing to do is drive through the country. I got some funny stares taking photos of homes so I was impressed at all your photos! haha
ReplyDeleteYou also have the same pattern of Pfaltzgraff that I have had since 1979, our wedding day!
Bookmarked you so I will be back to visit!!!
Have a wonderful day!
Margie