I know that I've mentioned before that life in the cul-de-sac is pretty sweet. We are very lucky to be blessed with such awesome neighbors that are as close to us as family!!
One incredibly, thoughtful neighbor delivered this lovely bag of goodies to my doorstep yesterday.
What a nice surprise!! I've been in a bit of a funk lately, the husband has been away for awhile and it gets lonely and tiring doing the single parent thing 24/7. This is the same neighbor who delivered us a hot meal on an extremely busy evening when I had to be in 3 places at once and make sure both kids got picked up and dropped off at their various destinations. It warms my heart immensely to have such kind and considerate people living just a few doors away!!
Funny how a bag of vegetables can lift your spirit!
Can anyone identify the big, green, leafy thing? My guess is swiss chard, but what does one do with this green? Anyone have a recommendation?
Yellow tomatoes??? I never knew of such a thing.
Another thing I've never seen before, this cute little plant called a pincushion. Adorable! Walked into the grocery store this morning and this was the first thing I saw. Can't believe I walked out without buying one! My new philosophy, if it's little and inexpensive and makes me smile.......buy it! I want things in my home that put a smile on my face no matter how small they are. Life is too short and I want to choose happiness, whatever form it comes in!!!!
Aren't you lucky to have such nice neighbors! I don't know what the green thing is either. But yellow tomatoes are good!
ReplyDeleteMmmm. I don't know if it IS chard. But if it is chard, you cook it up just like kale. At least we did growing up. Tear out the tough stems, boil it, throw on some butter and salt ... yum!
ReplyDeleteI have no earthly idea what the leaf thing is! I don't even know what this chard thing is that you are talking about!!! I do know that nice neighbors are wonderful! Do you eat the berries from the pincushion? How cute is that. I love what you said about being happy right now. Those are wise words my friend!
ReplyDelete