Monday, September 13, 2010

Exciting weekend in the cul-de-sac..............

I became the mother of a teenager, Lord give me strength!!!!

But let me tell you, I am one lucky mama! This one is a keeper!! Sure, we have our moments (actually a lot of them lately), she is after all 13 and what the heck does a 44 year old mother know??? Not much, I tell you. But this is one special girl and I can't wait to see what is in her future!



I know I've mentioned before what a creative spirit she is. She actually asked for duct tape for her birthday and she got a lot of it. Apparently so she could do a project like this....




This was a boring, old unfinished shelf that we never got around to painting. She transformed it with a roll of zebra duct tape. She actually ran out of tape. So when we restock, she is going to finish the inside. I think it looks amazing and something I would never have thought to do.  



She is also quite the photographer. All these images came from her camera and I put them in a collage frame for a Christmas present.

This girl has big plans and I'm just along for the ride! I can't wait to see where we go!



6 comments:

  1. Love the work on the shelf! How original! She rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those creative types! Happy day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a great girl because you are her mommy and you have raised her that way. It is so wonderful that you encourage and support all the things she does. That tape idea is awesome and she really has an eye for photography! She is one lucky kid! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I hire her to decorate my house???

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool project. I need the plans for that! My kids would love to do that on a sunny Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails