Wednesday, October 26, 2011

words on the wall

Are you?
 

I found these wooden signs at a hospital gift shop of all places. They had a whole wall filled with different sayings. These two jumped off the wall and spoke to me. Am I living the life I imagined? Some days yes...some days no. Need to work on that!

Have I made a difference? That's what I really care about. To be honest, most days I don't really know if I've made a difference. And I hate that feeling.

Sure the kids have been fed, the dog walked and the bills paid but I just feel like there is more I need to be doing. Oddly enough, I have no idea what I'm looking for. 
Shouldn't I have this all figured out by now?
This mid-life is tough stuff!  Anybody have it all squared away and willing to share their theory?

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what I want to do with my life either. I'm glad I stopped working to stay home with the kids, but now? What am I going to do? Maybe you're post was meant to be more reflective, i.e. making a difference doing what you DO do. But I don't know what I should do. Work on that for me, wouldja please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sometimes too hard to look forward, but easier to look back and see how it all fits together! Did you read Steve Jobs speech to Stanford Univeristy. It is when we refelect back, we can see the dots connect! I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up!
    The hospital gift shop is wonderful and I love both of your signs!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like maybe you crawled inside my brain and have been reading my thoughts! What's my purpose? What's the point? What am I supposed to do now? Do I make a difference? I ponder that often. Most of my pondering involves food, which leads to more pondering like How did my thighs get so big? As you can see, I don't have it squared away yet either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the signs! Yep all I can say is all of the above...I'm fortunate to be able to stay home while my kids are small...but it is the same thing day in and day out...my husband works a billion hours and raising kids- no matter how many you have is TOUGH- I have been recently been thinking about what I will do when they are all in school....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails