Wednesday, October 12, 2011

things I wish I had known

When buying furniture, I wish I had noticed all the detail on these chairs!
The more detail = more dusting!!

Black bedroom furniture gets really dusty! Like you could dust every day kind of dusty!
(yes I like perfume and no I do not like to dust)


All that free "stuff " you've picked up on the curb and still haven't done anything with is really annoying to your husband and a constant source of misunderstandings between you and said husband!

Buying Lego sets for your child will lead to incredible amounts of clutter!

And really, where do you store all the Lego's once they are put together?

Each child you have produces tons and tons of outgrown clothing! Ugh, where to go with all this stuff!
I'm beginning to think school uniforms and home uniforms would cut down on all these extra clothes!


That size 8 dress that has been hanging on the wall next to the treadmill (as inspiration) for the past 4 years is probably never going to fit! Unless you get your jaw wired shut and you only consume liquids for the rest of your life! (let me just add, I only paid $12 for the dress and bought it because I love navy and kelly green together and thought it would motivate me to drop a few sizes)


And finally, I really, really wish I had known Bruce Springsteen back in 1988!!
And yes, it would have totally been legal!

So tell me, what's on your list of things you wish you had known?

7 comments:

  1. I wish I had a ranch. As I get older I hate climbing up the stairs! I wish I had painted a "color" in our PA house. It needs color but I could never tell my husband. We paid alot of money to have someone paint. I wish I wasn't in a rush and thought more about the paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. I would have picked a different bed. We got a four poster bed (I think that's what it's called...but it sounds wrong)because I had always wanted one, like a princess, growing up. And I still like them. But I would rather have a gorgeous sleigh bed now. Also, I would have finished our basement differently. Way diferently...I hate the layout now. Have a lovely day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious!!! I'm with ya on each and every one Steph! Including the Springsteen one. And I'm on a mission to replace all of my furniture with the kind that hides dust. I'm learning that furniture painted in a light hue hides just about everything!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had known that getting the house I love and the yard I hate would never really balance out.... BUT, a fair trade for good neighbors I may have never met if I had not settled for a crappy small back yard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only dust a few times a year. The rest of the time, I sign my name in the dust and admire my penmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That post made me laugh out loud. I can relate to having "misunderstandings" with the husband about "stuff" brought in to the house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have decided to paint everything I don't like! Must say our new furniture shows the dog hair! Could I list the dogs on my list?
    I love your black furniture and dusting is really over rated!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails