Sunday, October 2, 2011

a day for me!!


A rainy Saturday, soccer game cancelled and absolutely no plans for the day. And then it hit me, I'm planning this day with just things that I want to do for a change! Every weekend I am a slave to my kid's sports schedules but not today. THIS IS MY DAY!

Oh yes I did! Chick-Fil-A, Wegman's, Target and Model Home Tours here we come!! And the rest of my family happily piled in the car and off we went. NOT!


I have always wanted to visit this neighborhood called Walden. It just sounds so quaint.
This is the model and it was lovely. Sadly, I only took pictures upstairs because the realtor was downstairs and she knew I was being nosy!


Top of the stairs looking in to the master bedroom.


The house is full of windows, which I absolutely loved. Until I thought of the expense of all those window treatments. But the natural light was fantastic!



I thought this idea was genius! A 3-way mirror in your bedroom, what woman wouldn't love to have that!

  

Another idea I loved was this little work space at the top of the stairs. I would prefer it to be in the kitchen but this works too.


Quaint little homes line the streets and they all have front porches! And the garages are all at the rear of the homes, great idea!


The yellow is growing on me.
Some streets have townhouses as well as single family homes. I like the colonial look of these. 


So, girlfriends the moral of this post is.........
Plan a day just for yourself every once in a while
You deserve it!!!

The family stopped complaining once they had a delicious Chick-Fil-A vanilla milkshake in their bellies!

4 comments:

  1. You and I would get along just fine. I love to do this on the weekends too! Glad you had a day for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Steph - what a great idea!!! I'm in desperate need of a "me" day and all of those things are exactly what I would want to do. I love the pix of the model home - that is such a great color scheme!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect day to me! Great pictures! I am in love with all the picket fences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those houses. The yellow is a Charleston style with the big double porch! Just on our street, our houses are yellow, green, blue and red! We are colorful!!! We still do family things on the weekend as sports and events haven't taken over yet. I know that day will come! I went to the movies two times in two weeks with girlfriends. It was so nice to be out for a bit and see something with actual humans in it and not animated!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails