21 years of sitting at the same kitchen table and chairs and I'm done! It is time for a new look!
I finally got my hands on the much talked about Annie Sloan Chalk Paint!!! There are exactly two places in the state of Pennsylvania that sell this paint, luckily I'm within a 45 minute drive to the cutest little shop that sells it! And, I am lucky to have a husband that doesn't mind a little road trip in the pouring rain to buy a quart of paint!
Of course if you decide to paint your kitchen table you will have to get new chairs.
(actually, it was the chair or I should say the slipcover that started this whole make-over!)
I wonder what will come next? I think I hear that ugly vinyl floor whispering "please replace me, please replace me". I sure hope my husband is getting that same message!
And of course now the window treatments in the breakfast nook need updating. We currently have a broken cellular shade, it either must stay all the way down or you rig it up like we have with rubber bands...classy!!
I just had to test out the paint as soon as I got home, here's a little peek. Hope to get this finished before
2012!
Does one little project have the snowball effect at your house too?
Looks like a cute shop and only 45 minutes...awesome!! Can't wait to see the finished table! Loving the chairs!
ReplyDeleteWendy
I've never heard of this paint. Are you planning to write on your table with chalk? I like your new chairs!
ReplyDeleteYou are going to LOVE it. I love the color you chose too. Happy New year to you and your family!
ReplyDeleteGet out! So fun, Stephanie. Can't wait to see!
ReplyDeleteYou go girl!!! I can't wait to see it and I adore that fabric! Beth, you are living under a blog rock girlfriend if you haven't heard of chalk paint!!! I haven't ever used it but for those who do you would think it was better than indoor toilets!
ReplyDeleteI love the color! And I love the chairs! And I'm incredibly indecisive myself (maybe; I think I am, kind of), so I am completely unable to offer any assitance with picking out blinds. Did you make a choice yet?
ReplyDeleteYour new chairs are so beautiful, I can't wait to see how it goes with the new table. I have been seeing all the posts on this chalk paint, even went to the local Joanns yesterday to see if they had something like it, they looked at me like I was blue! Then last night I came across a recipe for homemade chalk paint. I just had to try it and love the the pieces I did! I'm sure your table will look great!
ReplyDeleteDee Dee
Prepare yourself Steph - once you start you can't stop. Chalk paint is addicting. Your lucky to live reasonably close to a dealer - I have to pay shipping. I can't wait to see it all done. If that chair is any indication it's going to rock!
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Kim
Where is that cute shop that you have pictured above? I live in Hummelstown--is it close by?
ReplyDeleteWendy, the shop is called Five and Divine, it is located on Rt. 422 in Wernersville. Just before you get to Reading, not a bad drive . Lots of cute things in the shop!
DeleteThanks Stephanie! I'll have to check it out. Looks cute from the outside! I found you through Relatively Unique's blog. Wendy is a friend of a friend of mine from Hershey. Small world!
ReplyDelete