Tuesday, January 17, 2012

before & after

 Yea! First project of 2012....... done! The table and chairs above were a wedding present from my parents almost 22 years ago (thanks mom & dad). It has served us well! It was a quality piece of furniture just not the most comfortable thing to sit on for any length of time. I knew we would keep the table but it was time for some new chairs.

One evening I was browsing the Pier 1 website and stumbled upon these slipcovers, fell in love and the rest is history! I bought one slipcover,  came home and discovered that all the colors worked perfectly with my kitchen. All the stars must have been aligned properly because I was able to match the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint almost perfectly with the blue in the slipcover. The color is Provence and I love it! I need to find more places to use this color.

Now, just need to scotch guard the fabric chairs so I don't drive my kids crazy about "sticky hands" and decide if I want to distress the legs on the table. Then it's on to the next project!

What is your first project for 2012?


4 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!!!! You go girl!!! That is awesome!!! It is totally new and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful, Stephanie! So pretty, and I love that you are still able to use your original table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely job! I love the slipcovers and how lucky are you that they fit perfectly?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the colors! And the chairs! And the table! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails