Because my one fan, Beth has been waiting with bated breath for part two of this post that I started in June......here it is!
Is it just me or is this the fastest moving summer in history. I mean really, mid July already! What the heck happened to June? I had such great aspirations for long, lazy days of relaxing by the pool, reading several books a week, inviting friends over all the time.......you get the picture. Turns out all I was meant to do was be a taxi service for a teenager! And that girl has plans every day!!! Wow, what I wouldn't do to have the carefree lifestyle of a teenager again (just for a few days anyway).
We have managed to squeeze in a few fun activities in between all the shuttle runs. Gardens, butterfly houses, mini-golf, matinee movies and lots and lots of ice cream stops!
Local friends, $1.00 ice cream cones at the Milton Hershey school Monday-Friday afternoons. That's right $1.00 cones, and it is GOOD! Seriously good!
| Finally learned how to use the Macro setting on my camera! Works really great on butterflies! |
How's your summer going? Relaxing or flying by? Can anyone with a teenager chime in....How do you keep them happy by allowing them time with their friends but also making sure you have enough family togetherness?
Three fans, apparently. :-)
ReplyDeleteDude, it's about time!
ReplyDeleteHellooooooo!!! Big fan here!!!! :-) I have been so MIA with all the traveling and goings on around here, but I am here for a while anyway! This summer has FLOWN by. I dread the thought of school coming. I always have all these grand plans and then do about half. I feel guilty for it! Do you ever feel like that? I worry about family vs. friends already especially her being an only child. We do a lot of things together and I sometimes think I should be asking friends to do it with us, but I am just hoarding her all to myself. Ugghhh....
ReplyDeleteSummer is going great, but I will say that it is hotter than blue blazes here. Heat index of 122. Seriously... The water in the pool is warm. It isn't even refreshing to jump in, but at least we have it! We have another trip to my family's at the end of August, but we are just hanging for a while!
Hey! I'm a fan!
ReplyDeleteI concur; this IS the fastest moving summer in history! It's moving so fast, we've barely had time to do any of the things on our summer list. But this week, we're going to step it up a notch, and we're going to start by getting some ice cream at the Milton Hershey School!
Beautiful gardens!
ReplyDelete