Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thinking outside the bowl!


Hard to believe it has been a whole week since Thanksgiving! I just wanted to share this neat little idea that I used as an appetizer last week. Yep, it's a small head of purple cabbage but it makes such a pretty little bowl too! Just scoop out the inside ( I gave this job to my dad and he did a fantastic job.......it was very symmetrical!)  And we saved the inside to throw in a salad later.

This dip was a twist on the classic spinach dip and it was delicious!
Here's what you need:
 1 Knorr Vegetable Mix
 16 oz. nonfat Greek yogurt 
 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise 
1 lb. plum tomatoes, diced  
1/4 cup red onion, diced  
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
 Mix it all together, cover and chill 2 hours.
Serve with warmed pita bread, cut into wedges, sliced cucumbers, and Greek olives
ENJOY!




2 comments:

  1. Now that sounds yummy and looks beautiful, I love the idea of using a cabbage! I bet the new plates showed it all off just right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well aren't you clever!!!! That is too cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails