Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Greatest Invention Ever!!


Why didn't I think of this???? Picked up this extra long funnel at the tree farm over the weekend for $6. Yep, no more trying to water the tree laying on your stomach, spilling water all over the train and presents. Greatest idea ever don't ya think! We just stuck it in the back of the tree and you leave it there. Makes my job of watering so much easier, but why am I the only person who ever thinks to check the water level? Funny how that works. And why am I the only person who remembers to take a photo of the kids and have Christmas cards made, address all the envelopes and mail them??? I might just forget to do that job this year! 


Our tree hunt........


The price of a fresh cut tree is crazy! I'm a Frazier Fir girl, it's the only tree I like and of course has to be the most expensive. We are thinking of selling the three Blue Spruce trees in the backyard next year, so if you'd like to come and tag them for next Christmas .....I'll sell them to you at a really good price. Can't promise a wagon ride and we won't bale, shake clean or give your tree a fresh cut but maybe I can throw in a candy cane for the kids!

The 13 year old was mad at me before we even left the house. I told her she was not allowed to wear her brand new coat to the tree farm because she might get sap on it. Well I never heard the end of that, she and her little girlfriend made fun of me  the whole time we were tree hunting. Every time anyone got near a tree all I heard was "be careful you might get sap on your coat". Very funny girls!



 
Overall, it was a pleasant day. There were snow flurries in the air, Christmas music in the car and pretty scenery. We only overlooked one detail. When we put an extra kid in the backseat of the car, there really is no room for the tree. Basically one of the kids straddled the tree the whole ride home. ( Don't ask why the husband doesn't put the tree on the roof of the car, I have no idea! I wasn't about to offer my advice after he so patiently stopped at three different tree farms until we found just the right one!!)



Read about my funny friend Beth and her experiences preparing for the holidays! She is a riot!
How is everyone else holding up during this crazy season?

6 comments:

  1. that is an awesome invention! I don't even want to think about when my girls turn 13..uggghhh.
    I think after child #2 we went for the fake prelit tree, actually maybe even after Alina!
    If I wasn't getting volunteered for these school parties I would be just fine- that's what is stressing me out the most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did NOT go to 3 tree farms until you found your tree! Stephanie Marie!(I'm making that up, I don't really know your middle name). Your husband is a saint! I like me the fraser firs too, that's what we always get. Also, dude, I don't want to embarrass you but you got a little sap on your coat.
    Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cool invention! The watering hassle is one of the reasons I went to fake trees. I may try live next year. I love the Frazier Firs, too.
    Looks like a fun day. Great photos. Silly girls! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cool gadget there! I always have fake so I have never had to worry about it! I was just ticked because chunks of my pre lit tree were out.

    One word for you on the tree watering, cards, pictures... MOM!!!! How do we do it all? I seriously wonder sometimes!!! I just imagine what they would do without me!!!

    I love the pictures. Looks like a fun day! Snow flurries... what are those???? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, geesh, I'd have been arguing with you, too, if you tried to take me to three tree farms! LOL

    I bet none of you got sap on your coat, huh? Did you sort of want to go rub against a stump just to prove your point?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love teenagers don't ya? They know WAY more than we do! LOL!
    Great pix from the tree farm Steph. And yes, that is a super invention for the tree. Goes under the heading "why didn't I think of that"!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails