Here they are………
These two lovely little people (one not so little anymore) are my reasons for being! For being the SAHM, for living on one income, for being the chief cook and bottle washer day in and day out, for not really knowing what my identity is anymore. But I’m ok with that. In fact, I’m really quite content at the moment with this quiet little life. Should I have more ambition, maybe. Should I have a plan for my future after the kids are gone, probably. Am I a bad person because I’m happy at home, I don’t think so. But I am feeling a slight itch to have some sort of creative outlet, if it could produce some sort of income for my family that would be fabulous! But I must be able to work from the kitchen table!!! Got any suggestions????????????
Hi Stephanie! My name is Kathryn and I found your blog through DebbieDoos! I totally understand your SAHM thing. I am a new SAHM and I love it!!! I also live on a cul-de-sac with great people, great parties and lots of kids! However, we will never have as much snow as you do!!! I was a teacher for the last 5 years and feel a bit guilty (after a master's degree and all!) that I do not miss it one bit. I love planning all the meals, making beds, and just getting to be with the four year old. Should you have more ambition...nah!!!! What is meant to be will happen as the babies get bigger. It will come. I don't think I even want to be a teacher any more when I grow up! I have no ideas for you, but know that you are doing the most important job you can right now. Enjoy!
ReplyDelete