Tuesday, July 10, 2012

front porch hideout


I love a front porch! This is the first home that we actually use our  porch. Must be something about sitting at the end of the cul-de-sac and watching all the comings and goings in the neighborhood!

 Just put a fresh coat of paint on these old rockers, found some clearance cushions at JCPenney, and  washed the pillows. Now if the dang birds will stay off my porch  and quit using the rockers as target practice! (Looks like I might also want to clean some cobwebs! Just noticed that!)


 Sometimes I can stay perfectly hidden away on the porch if I don't trim the shrubs.


 New cushions for the bistro chairs is the next order of business.


But the husband would really like if I complete the project I started in June.....

finish painting the front door!!! This drives him crazy! Hate to break it to him but with the heat and humidity that we've been having, this project might have to wait until fall!

Anyone else using the heat as an excuse to be lazy?

9 comments:

  1. Heat has made it virtually impossible for me to vacuum, dust, and prepare dinner. It's crazy, I know, since we have central air, but there you are.

    Very pretty front porch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh I like! Never occurred to me to put cushions on my rockers. They definitely are getting some shiny new black paint soon too. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh I like! Never occurred to me to put cushions on my rockers. They definitely are getting some shiny new black paint soon too. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely retreat!!! We have a real front porch finally and I am excited to decorate it. Now I just have to find the money tree. It has to be planted somewhere! You can paint the ceiling of your porch light blue and that might help keep the bird away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the black as well! Your porch looks very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your porch is so inviting. I love my front porch too and am out there most days; having a meal, reading the paper, chatting with neighbors, just passing the time. To solve the bird problem I put an owl (with a moving head) on my porch and haven't had birds visiting since.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to sit on your front porch and keep tabs on the neighbors! I love the black rocking chairs too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Steph your front porch looks so colorful and inviting. I love everything about it! Hope to get together again soon - maybe in the Fall? Take care love.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband started a mailbox project last summer that remains unfinished. We are also at the end of a cul-de-sac and have officially become "that" family. Here's to hoping for finished projects by Halloween?... ok ok Thanksgiving ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails