Wednesday, September 21, 2011

meal planning ......MY WAY



 Sit down with my favorite cookbook magazine (Simple & Delicious)
Choose 3 main course options
Choose 5 desserts to make this week
Doesn't seem balanced does it? You know where my priorities are don't you?
Proceed to grocery store to spend over $100 on mostly ingredients to make dessert. 
(I did buy a pack of chicken breasts and a pack of ground beef too)

Find out that my friend Beth has purchased all the cans of pumpkin on the shelf!
Scratch one dessert off my list.


 Guess I'll just stick to making 
 Creamy Lemon Cake Bars Raspberry Oatmeal Bars Chocolate Candy Clusters
for this week at least!

 A serving of fruit and a whole grain. Why this dessert  could be considered a health food!
I'm sure my friend Mimi could give me a few more ideas for some dinner entrees. She's got a cool little blog all about grilling with some mouth-watering recipes that I've been anxious to try. Go give her some love please.

Just had to throw this one in here.
My furry sidekick who literally never leaves my side! Please tell me this is normal dog behavior. If I get up to leave a room even for a moment, he follows. It drives me a little nuts!

Tonight's meal......Sloppy Pizza Joes and Raspberry Oatmeal Bars! Can't make a new dessert until the first one is gone! ( maybe I should think about freezing the leftover bars)
Have a great day everyone! Life is short, eat more dessert!

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm. . . I thought I already posted a comment, but it isn't here. Either blogger is messing with me, or else my no-food diet has affected my brain. Either way, your food post combined with dirty laundry's food post is killing me. But I do applaud your 3 to 5 main course vs dessert ratio. I like your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mantra has always been... Don't the women on the Titanic wish they had that last dessert? Ha! I should make a t-shirt that says Eat Dessert and Carry On!! I think I am on to something!!! I just signed up for E-Mealz. You pick a store that you shop at and it develops a menu for 7 days based on the sale items that week. I have only really gotten to do it one week as my hubby has been out of town the last three weeks, but what I had was really good. They give you one sheet of the meals, ingredients and how to prepare and the second sheet is your shopping guide. It has everything you need for those meals and they are grouped as to what department. It is brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang that Beth.

    I'm taking your Eat More Dessert challenge to heart -- it's 2AM and I'm eating Turkey Hill Choco Mint Chip right from the half gallon. Delicious! But your bars look even deliciouser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What, no desserts with raisin? I'm appalled.

    More desserts than maincourses? I wish you had been my mom. And I think you may have to do a post on raspberry bars and Sloppy Joe pizzas because it would be rude not to, having gotten us all hepped up with this post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails