You all know how much I love to look at houses. In fact, if I could have any job in the world I would want to get paid to look at houses! ( no, don't say real estate agent, I'm not very good at selling things ) The house above just makes me want to sit on a porch swing with a cup of coffee, green tea, diet coke with lime (insert your favorite drink) and a book and probably a brownie. And wear an apron, I have no idea why.
I do enjoy a classic stone home!
White picket fence...be still my heart!
Cute little Cape, love the bump out front door area. Probably a cute little foyer, which I don't have.
A very stately home. Looks a little too much like an institution for my taste but grand nonetheless. And lots and lots of windows to clean!!
This was the entrance to a detached garage, more like a carriage house. I'll take it!
Which one of these photos doesn't go with the rest? Remember those tests in elementary school? This was in a sculpture garden at an art museum and I just thought it was a hoot. Imagine having something like that in your yard, how could you not laugh every time you went outside!
I've got houses on the brain this weekend. Friday we visited a home with 175 rooms! Hard to call it a home more like an estate and now a museum. I'll share some pictures this week, the grounds were spectacular!!
One more week of summer vacation. I'm not ready for the madness of the school year after such a nice, relaxing summer. Why must it end?????
I'll join you on that front porch; it's beautiful! I also love the sun porch on the third house down. Great pictures! You gotta go to Hummelstown one of these days. Main Street alone has so many photo op's, with all the beautiful old houses, churches, etc.
ReplyDeleteok, wow... I KNOW that stone house! It's near the Reading Museum! My husband was born and raised in Reading and we lived there for 8 years. We go back about once a year or so. I have a photo of the stone house from last fall, it was decorated so tastefully for autumn! What a small world! (It was for sale for something like a million or so!)
ReplyDeletePinned your picket fence picture! Love it :)
ReplyDelete